Thursday

A green way to start your day...

I have recently discovered the joys of Kale.
I've always known that leafy greens are good for you but after doing my first juice fast whilst in Byron Bay I experienced the energy boost that comes with a seven day infusion of green juice. After three days of sugar and carbohydrate cravings, headaches, dizziness and low energy, I experienced surprising levels of energy which allowed me to do yoga and then follow that up by a walk up to the light house just on fluid!

Kale has nearly every nutrient you could want. Vitamin C, A, K, E , calcium, iron, omega fatty acids, protein, folate, Vitamin B1,3, to name just a few. I'm putting it in my juices in the morning.

A nice juice combination to try is:

1 bunch of kale
2 celery sticks
1 cucumber
1 carrot
2 apples

It's so easy to fall into bad eating habits. I hope you can be inspired to reconnect with conscious eating again and bring gratitude to the miracle that is the human body being sure to give it what it needs to function at its best. What are you eating for breakfast?


No comments:

Post a Comment